4.9 | Made with ♥
No Credit Card Required.
1. Apploye - The best Everhour alternative
Apploye has a super combination of time tracking, employee monitoring, and scheduling. You can monitor your office employees, the mobile team, and remote workers parallelly. You may use Apploye to log the working hours whenever you work and wherever you belong. This is a great app to keep track of work hours.
Apploye provides remote teams, big companies, and freelancers a secure platform to optimize productivity, and work progress. It is also one of the best time tracking tools for architects and engineers. The complete package of time tracking and employee monitoring would boost your efficiency, minimize time waste, and add buzz to your workflow.
Time tracking for managing projects, tasks, and employees
Project and task tracking is super easy with the Apploye widget. You don't need to manage your people and projects lamely. Working can be enjoyable with automatic time tracking and a Pomodoro timer. Also, it can detect idle time and give you notifications.
Online timesheet for recording working hours
Check out all your daily activities in a fairly organized interface. The daily timesheet helps you visualize your activities for specific projects and tasks. It also provides weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly timesheets.
Project budget and invoicing
Apploye tracks all the billable and non-billable hours. It helps to set up your project billing and invoicing. Also, set your project cost and time budget, follow the milestone, and meet your deadline gracefully.
Effortless employee monitoring
Time tracker with screenshots, activity tracking (based on keyboard and mouse movement), apps, and URL tracking make employee monitoring so easy that the world's most professionals can be next to your doors. You can set up your team remotely with the most talented people.
Payroll for hourly payments and one-time payments. Very useful for paying employees based on hourly rate.
GPS for outdoor employees
Time tracker with GPS to observe mobile and outdoor employees. There is also option for Geofence and attendance.
Compare Apploye as the best alternative to Everhour
It's not just because we are promoting our own brand. You can check the pros and cons and decide for yourself.
- The app is straightforward and has a simple UI. It helps you to line up all your employees from your company.
- It has an organized dashboard that gives a brief overview of the necessary updates.
- You can get real-time information about your workforce's working status and productivity.
- Try the comprehensive reports on time and activity, payroll updates, apps and URLs tracking, etc.
- The price is pretty reasonable and suits every business organization.
- The integrations are limited.
Comparison between Apploye and Everhour at a glance
|Initial Pricing(Per user)||$4/Month||$10/Month|
|Offline Time Tracking||✅||❌|
|Multiple organizations adding||✅||✅|
|Apps and Urls tracking||✅||❌|
|Employee ranking based on activity and time log||✅||❌|
|Chat support in the website||✅||❌|
|Access to Multiple admins and managers||✅||✅|
|Pomodoro break feature||✅||❌|
|Manual time entry with notes||✅||✅|
|Employee GPS location tracking||✅||❌|
|Productive and non-productive time calculation||✅||❌|
|Comprehensive report generation||✅||✅|
|Project details by cost||✅||❌|
|Project details by time spent||✅||❌|
- Solo: $4 per month per user
- Standard: $5 per month per user
- Premium: $6 per month per user
- Elite: $7 per month per user
👉 Get a 50% discount on a yearly plan.
Other 7 best alternatives to Everhour
You might know Everhour as an advanced and straightforward time tracking software. It helps the time tracking and invoices easy for freelancers, individuals, and all types of companies.
No matter how much you love using Everhour, there will always be times when its absence is sorely felt. When that happens, it's time to turn to one of the many great alternatives out there.
In this blog, we'll take a look at the 8 best Everhour alternatives for 2023. Whether you're looking for a powerful time tracking tool or something with more features, we've got you covered.
Paymo is a work management software offering time tracking, task management, timesheet, invoicing, and others. This cloud-based software is ideal for small and mid-sized business teams, remote workers, and freelancers.
You can save your precious time by balancing the workload and optimizing your team without any hassle. Create a healthy environment to work and bring the best outcome for your team.
Key Features of Paymo
- Automatic time tracking, bulk time editing, clock for work.
- Time reports, user reports, exporting and sharing.
- Invoicing, expense tracking, team collaboration with real-time discussion.
- Resource management, task management, planning, and scheduling.
- More than 13 integrations, including Zapier, Slack, Xero, etc.
- Available for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS.
- The time reports are quite comprehensive
- Resource management and team collaboration of Paymo is appreciable.
- Adding the bulk time is helpful if you want to add an extended period simultaneously.
- Setting up tasks is a little bit complex.
- It does not provide continuous cost tracking for each project.
- Customizing invoice format needs simplicity.
- This app is tailored for small teams. It is expensive for a large group.
- Free is up to 10 users
- Small office costs $11.95/user/month
- Business is $18.95/user/month
I'm a freelancer and have tried to track my hours on Excel. No more. I love how Paymo tracks my hours to minutes on projects and tasks, and then those are translated into timesheets automatically to invoice directly to my clients. It also gives me clear observations about my activities. As I've started full-time freelance, it's become necessary to use Paymo.
The thing we are not satisfied with is the scheduling. Our teams work on some tasks that sometimes need to be scheduled down for the hour of the day. Another small thing that we don't like about Paymo is the notification setting that can't be changed. Suppose anyone other than the project manager creates a task for a team member. In that case, the project manager will not receive any notification if said task was completed regardless of being assigned as a project manager.
👉 Also, see our comprehensive list of the best Paymo alternativesin 2023.
Harvest is one of the leading time tracking software and achieves thousands of satisfaction because of some qualities. It has automatic reminders and team scheduling facilities to improve the working procedure. You can follow the project progress, expenses, billable hours, and invoice status.
As per concern for a team, it provides a team dashboard where you may see comparable time reports of an individual in a group, who works overtime, who needs to improve, and the team's total billable or non-billable hours.
Key Features of Harvest
- Time tracking and expense tracking with the timesheet,
- Timesheet approval, automatic reminders, easy editing,
- Project budgeting, progress tracking, invoices, and scheduling,
- Over 70+ integrations along with Github, Slack, Trello, etc.
- time tracking app available for Windows , macOS, Android, iOS, and web extensions.
- It eases project-based time tracking
- It updates its calendar integrations so frequently that you won't miss any schedule.
- Expenditure monitoring is precise and useful.
- The UI is a mite complex for the user.
- Project management features need modification.
- The mobile app needs to be improved.
- Free for one person with two projects.
- Pro costs $12 per user per month
I have got the interface intuitive with motivational quotes and illustrations. The Mac experience is excellent. The integrations are wonderful with other tools like Xero, Harvest Forecast and Stripe. Also, the API and mobile apps are multi-functional. Harvest is excellent at keeping remote employee time tracking In addition, it is pretty easy to bill clients for time and to follow up with repeated billings if needed.
There is sometimes a synchronization problem between the desktop app and the website. Once in a while, I had to check on the site while the app was running, and there were some mismatches. The project setup needs to be more simplified. It's not a huge issue as long as you remember to give the site time to update the app.
👉 Also, see our comprehensive list of the best Harvest alternatives in 2023.
TMetric saves you valuable time by providing a smart and accurate time tracking system. You can get extra time to implement in your job rather than monitoring and supervising your employees.
It provides insightful reports, monitoring systems for your employees, and accurate and easy invoicing. You can add manual time and edit bulk time entries. It also offers idle time detection, tags, and project management.
Key Features of TMetric
- Time tracking, timers, manual entries, and offline tracking,
- Timesheet locking, mandatory fields, the permission of time tracking,
- Apps and URLs tracking, clients logging, project permission,
- Integration with Quickbooks, Gitlab, Jira, etc.
- Available for Windows, Linux, Android, macOS, and iOS.
- You can use its time and monetary value to make your project budget easy.
- The activity level monitoring, screenshots, and attendance tracking are helpful for team management.
- It provides an easy client billing system that is effective for freelancers.
- There is some error in the manual time entry.
- The timesheet is a little bit difficult to use.
- You can not insert the project directly from the extensions.
- Free for one user.
- Professional costs $5 per user per month
- Business is $7 per user per month
I love the switching between clients and changing sub-projects for each of those clients. It's amazing to run a report, pull everything into a spreadsheet, and send each client a complete snapshot of how much time was spent on which aspects of their business. If I am not sitting at my desk but doing some work from my tablet or on a call, there is an app. I can still click the button and track every minute. There's a bunch of integrations with project management software and other tools, which simplifies a lot of things.
The app design is not suitable for a small viewport. It gets horizontally scrollable, which is not comfortable. Probably it's a general problem for timelines, but I hope there could be a solution for that in the future. A mobile app would be friendly. The invoicing is not well-thought of and not customizable enough. I could use it instead of the current solution I'm using.
👉 Also, see our comprehensive list of the best TMetric alternatives in 2023.
5. Time Doctor
Time Doctor offers you time tracking facilities and vows you to utilize your workforce efficiently with maximum engagement and better performance. You can get a review on how employees utilize the working time, or where the time waste happens.
It identifies the exact time occupied in each project and task to keep a birds-eye on the project progress and inefficiencies as a superior in the office. Avoid the hassle of reporting time, monitoring, and payroll of your subordinates.
Key Features of Time Doctor
- Time tracking, off-track reminders, time use alerts,
- Screenshots, chat monitoring, client features,
- Reports, web and app usage, payroll,
- Time tracking with GPS, attendance and break tracking,
- Over 40+ integrations, including Trello, Salesforce, etc.
- Available for Windows, Android, Web, macOS, and iOS
- The productive and non-productive hours identification is easy with real- time recording app .
- Get the Advanced reports and timesheets to mark the productivity perk and loss of every employee.
- It notifies the idle employees who are engaged in non-official works.
- The support is not up to the mark. You can face trouble at emergency needs.
- The price of Time Doctor is costly.
- The mobile app has limited features to use.
- Basic starts at $7 per user per month
- Standard is $10 per user per month
- Premium is $20 per user per month
Time Doctor has a user-friendly interface, easy and monitor. I like most about this app because screenshots are taken every minute of the set time. Reports are very useful for payroll. The customer service is also praiseworthy to the team. It gives me insight into my team members' performance and productivity. Also, the attendance report is great, and we can download the reports in PDF or CSV format, which works perfectly for me.
The navigation within the program is confusing & not as clearly laid out as I would like. We have had issues with getting Time Doctor to work on mobile platforms. I would love to have the choice of receiving reports of the members with low activity screenshots so that I can review only those.
👉 Here is the list of Time Doctor Alternatives in 2023. You can check this out.
ClickTime aims at increasing the visibility of the project and stick on the budget. Therefore, it provides an easy tracking system to reduce costs, a simple timesheet, and real-time monitoring.
It helps plan and manage your business, motivates employees, and brings the best outcome to your organization.
Key Features of ClickTime
- Time, expense and overtime tracking,
- Employee performance and hours tracking,
- Project budget, reports, and estimation,
- Over 45+ integrations, including Slack, Sage, Xero, etc.
- Available for Android, iOS, and Web.
- Employee permission allows you to control employee access to the sophisticated data of your organization. You can manage the right employees accessing the correct data.
- The employee utilization and detailed reports are praiseworthy.
- A more natural solution of time off, timesheet approval, and workflow efficiency.
- It is a little bit expensive.
- The user interface is complicated.
- The visualization of reports needs modification.
- The starter is $9 per user per month.
- The team is $12 per user per month.
- The premier costs $24 per user per month.
- Enterprise plan is customizable.
A variety of reports that can choose from viewing the data collected by person task, project, etc. The ease that the Advanced Tools allows us to correct data for a number of reasons, such as wrong tasks, hours, projects, etc. were entered. ClickTime is easy to learn. It is easy to set up, and my employees have had no issues using it.
Building custom reports can be tough. We need to adopt a project management tool that covers many of our needs but doesn't provide some features that we need to make it useful. Data exports flat with custom reports. It's a bit clunky in handling retainer clients. There is no way that I know of to write off/down time.
👉 See our comprehensive list of Clicktime Alternatives in 2023.
Ora is an all-in-one project management software including to-dos, timers, Kanban, timelines, and others. You can use it as a command center to make your team agile and run your business efficiently.
It is so handy that it can easily blend with your business structure. It is very useful for medium to large scale organizations.
Key Features of Ora
- Time tracking, analytics, and estimate.
- Task management, resource planning.
- Reports, team collaboration, scrum, Kanban board.
- Available for Windows, Android, Web, Linux, macOS, and iOS.
- This app is a compact package for time tracking, project, and team collaboration.
- The agenda view is very much useful.
- It is intuitive and user-friendly.
- The time tracking is a little bit buggy.
- There needs documentation to understand some configurations.
- The price is high as the team grows prominent.
- Basic is free for up to 10 users.
- The professional is $10 per user per month.
- Enterprise is $25 per user per month.
One of our favorite features of Ora is time tracking: we used to use different software to track the time it took to finish certain tasks but not anymore. Having a timer inside the cards is awesome. The mobile app makes mileage, expenses and receipts a breeze to track paperlessly. Time tracking, time-off management, and resource planning enable our account managers to use our clients' money wisely.
A few things I dislike about this tool is the projects tab. Moving the Projects from one organization to another or even moving them inside the organization itself is sometimes frustrating. I wish it would have drag and drop. The software is very buggy. It's new software. There are many features for a small team, so there are sporadic UI bugs that happen all over the place.
AccountSight is an intuitive and elegant time and expense tracker, invoice, and resource management software. It is affordable for all types of business organizations. It offers easy time tracking, online timesheet, employee scheduling, project estimation, etc.
The software is cloud-based. You can consider it as one of the alternatives to Everhour for the following reasons.
Key Features of Accountsight
- Online time tracker, reminders, billable and non-billable hour calculation,
- Visibility and expense approval, payroll, billing,
- Budget, profitability, attendance, resource utilization reports,
- Integrated with Quickbooks,
- Available in Android, iOS, and Web.
- The pricing is very reasonable and suits all the business types.
- The time and expenses tracking functionalities are very user oriented and useful.
- The setup is easy and intuitive to use.
- It does not allow clients to customize the invoice.
- Support management has the scope of improvement.
- The attendance tracking for each employee is complex.
- Free for one user.
- Basic costs $10 per user per month.
- The small group is $9 per user per month.
- Enterprise is $8 per user per month.
The support team is responsive, and whenever I have needed to reach out, they provide information on what I was inquiring about and add value beyond the original support by pointing out a feature I wasn't aware of yet. The features like time tracking, expense tracking, billing and resource management are strong and great.
It is hard to use that I could not find the features. The support is poor. Information is hard to come by when you want to do something, and it's not apparent how you do certain things. Even if I had done the task before, I still had to ask support how to do it again. This tool is expensive as the more user, the more expensive it is. This would minimize profits for growing companies.
What is Everhour?
Everhour focuses mainly on time tracking, invoice, and payroll. It helps you to enhance your team performance. Improve customer relationships by data accuracy, transparency, and liability.
It is effortless and easy to use. It works as a web application or browser extension and performs accurate tracking and invoicing. Set up the app for clients or projects, add additional information, and start working.
The key features of Everhour are-
- Project time tracking, timecard, timesheet, estimation.
- Project budget, progress tracking, billing, invoicing.
- Resource planning, expense tracking, alerts.
- Integrated with Jira, Basecamp, Asana, etc.
- Available in Web, iOS.
Everhour Pricing Details
- Cloud: $10 per user per month
- Server: Contact vendor
Also, you can save 15% on the yearly plan.
The drawbacks of Everhour
Some flaws might lead you to search for alternatives to Everhour. Here, I would like to put a disclaimer that all apps have some flaws and drawbacks. It is up to you to negotiate with the faults to get the best outcome of the tools.
- One of the major flaws is not having an offline mode to work or a dedicated app for the operating system. Sometimes, you may need to work offline, or the data connection may get disrupted. This may cause inconvenience in work.
- You can see the time counts only by opening the web page of Everhour. It makes trouble if you want to get an instant overview of your work.
- The reporting system is complicated to use.
The top 8 Alternatives of Everhour in Brief
|Software||Key Features||Pricing||Best For|
|Apploye||• Automatic timer, Pomodoro timer, idle time tracking. |
• Project budget, and estimation, task tracking.
• Payroll, invoicing, client management.
• Client management, Invoicing, Payroll,
• Apps and URLs tracking, productivity monitoring.
50% discount on a yearly plan
|Remote teams, mid-sized businesses and large enterprises|
|Paymo||• Time tracking, time clock, bulk time.|
• Milestone, project template, Gantt Charts.
• Resource management, Collaboration.
|Free: up to 10 users|
Small Office: $11.95/user/month
|Small and mid-size team.|
|Harvest||• Time tracking, timesheet, reporting.|
• Project and team management.
• Revenue tracking, invoicing.
|Free: for 1 seat, 2 projects|
|Startups, small and midsize business.|
|TMetric||• Timer with manual time entry, tags. |
• Idle detection, apps and URL tracking.
• Reporting, project management
• Team management, screenshots
|Free: For one user|
|Startups, small and midsize business.|
|Time Doctor||• Time tracking and employee monitoring. |
• Project management and budgeting.
• Reports, alerts, activity level.
• Online timesheet and payroll
|Small and mid-size team|
|ClickTime||• Timesheet, real-time tracker.|
• Audit trail, resource planning.
• Payroll integration, reports.
| Starter: $9/user/month|
Enterprise: Contact vendor
|Midsize and large teams|
|Ora||• Time tracking with estimations.|
• Resource planning and timeline.
• Project and task management.
|Basic: up to 10 users|
|Small and mid-level organization|
|AccountSight||• Online time tracker, reminders. |
• Visibility and expense approval, payroll, billing.
• Budget, profitability, attendance.
|Free: up to 1 user|
Small Group: $9/user/month
Which Everhour alternatives will you choose?
We have listed some of the best Everhour alternatives with a brief description for you. After exploring this content, we hope to bring out some value to you.You can also check our list of the best employee time tracking software.
Please let us know if you have further suggestions, which app you want to use. We are eagerly waiting to get a valuable response from you.
Apploye: The #1 Remote Employee Monitoring Software
Apploye is a time tracking and employee monitoring software that helps to ensure teams productivity. This remote employee monitoring tool has got the most cost-effective plans with premium features.