1. Apploye - The best insightful alternative
4.9 | Made with ♥
No Credit Card Required.
It is easy to monitor employees with Apploye. It has unique features that enable you to observe all your employees irrespective of where they belong. No matter if you're working with a remote team, in-office, or a hybrid company. Let's look at some of the key features of Apploye.
Apploye has a timer that lets your employees' track time automatically. Other features include- clock-in and out, time off, Pomodoro timer, customizable timesheets, project, and task-based time tracking, and idle time monitoring.
Reporting and Dashboard
From Dashboard, you can performance-based comparison, graph, and tabular view of employee’s productivity and project progress. From reports, you can check the activity percentage and active and non-productive time, and export the reports as PDF or CSV (Excel).
Live Feed and Real-time screenshots
You can check which employees are working right now and take a screenshot from their monitors.
GPS clocking and geofencing attendances are very helpful for managing outdoor employees in your organization.
Project & Budgeting
Apploye's “Project time tracking feature” is what sets it apart from insightful. Keep an eye on your projects and get weekly, monthly, and yearly summaries. After you create the projects, you can add a budget. Then you can add billing, budget threshold alerts, and hourly and fixed fee billing within the projects.
Invoice and Payroll
Send invoices to clients, for fixed fee projects or based on hours worked, tax and discounts. For employees with hourly pay rates, you can get automatic payroll based on the worked hours.
Apploye's operation is so professional because-
- You can keep tabs on how well your team is doing their work by looking at random screenshots taken by Apploye. Screen capture can be set to occur every ten minutes or turned off completely.
- An online timesheet (daily and weekly) and dashboard to record the tracked time comprehensively.
- The employee's apps and URLs can be tracked using a service.
- Measuring productivity in order to keep tabs on how well each employee is doing.
- Automated payroll processing using a variety of payment options.
- Unlimited task timer and project management.
- GPS tracker for employees to keep an eye on an employee who works outdoors.
Windows, Android, Linux, Mac, Chrome, iOS.
- Solo: $4 per user per month
- Standard: $5 per user per month
- Premium: $6 per user per month
- Elite: $7 per user per month
Note: The above monthly will be discounted to half if you choose the yearly plan. Saving is worth 6 months.
The details of other 14 best insightful alternatives
insightful is a time tracking and staff monitoring tool that aims to increase employee productivity. insightful is without a question one of the most popular alternatives available in the tech-savvy globe.
Despite its benefits, insightful lacks a number of things that employee monitoring should have. Some of the insightful alternatives are covered in length below.
Here are the rest of best 15 insightful alternatives, along with their details and evaluations. Make a comfy space for yourself and go on a tour to choose the finest app for your needs.
Hubstaff targets the businesses and teams who need to keep their eyes on employees’ movement and team performance. You may find its important to track time in project management , scheduling, and productivity measurement, along with team monitoring.
It offers 30 integrations among the project management tools, CRM, communications, and more. So, without moving among so many apps, continue your work with a breeze.
- Automatic billable and non-billable hours tracking, offline tracking, manual entries, time off,
- Attendance tracking, reminders, idle time detection, scheduling, GPS location tracking,
- Geofencing, screen record, activity tracking, online timesheet, payroll, invoicing,
- Integrated with Jira, GitLab, Asana, etc.
- Available in Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, Web.
Available for Mac, Windows, Linux, and iOS.
- Desk Free: for one user.
- Starter: $7/user/month
- Desk Pro: $10/user/month
- Enterprise: $20/user/month
Hubstafft, an integrated task management tool, provides for agile task management by feeding relevant tasks to users' timers. It's sophisticated and easy to use. It's slick, professional, and up to date with modern design standards, and as a user can simply access the dashboard and many tools to observe the differences in productivity from minute to minute, view screenshots, and track points, among other things.
Payoneer does not have a payroll integration. Payroll can be difficult when you only have a few options. Hubstaff does not have an easy way to keep track of time. In Hubstaff, there is a lot of screenshot exposure.
We have made a list of Hubstaff alternatives that might interest you.
ActivTrak helps you to get valuable insights into your company. You can track the working patterns of your team. It helps to minimize distractions and maximize productivity. The trends help to identify goals and top performers of your team.
Make a working framework with comprehensive analytics. Build healthy working habits among all of the employees.
- Time tracking, idle time monitoring, application, and website usage,
- Productivity coaching and reports, team productivity pulse, workforce insights,
- Alarms, screenshots, website blocking, benchmark, and goals,
- Integrated with Xero, Salesforce, etc.
- Available in Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, Web.
Available for Mac, Windows, Web, and iOS.
- Free: up to 3 users
- Advanced: $9 per user per month
- Premium: $15 per user per month
- Enterprise: Contact vendor
ActivTrak installs an invisible agent on single or multiple workstations to measure activity. The agent can then collect all the URLs, title bars and screenshots and allows administrators to shut down applications remotely, notifying them of any marked usage. Screenshots allow administrators to see what the device user sees by capturing the entire screen. Screenshots can be triggered by alarms, such as keywords within a URL, or they can be scheduled to take place at a certain time interval.
Some users may have difficulty installing the agent because their firewall or antivirus software prevents it from reporting. This complicates matters further because many of us now work from home, and many users are wary of making changes to their firewall or antivirus software just to get the agent to work.
We have made a list of ActivTrak alternatives that might interest you.
If you are looking for a free insightful alternative for your team, Traqq can be the right choice for you. It provides team time tracking, performance, and productivity tracking. You can use it as an employee surveillance tool whether you have local or remote employees.
In addition, you can observe how your employees are occupied throughout the day. Get notifications and updates anywhere and anytime.
- Time tracking, offline tracking, idle time monitoring, timesheet management,
- Screenshots, videos and activity levels, app and website monitoring, reports,
- Notifications, reminders, manual time entries, project monitoring, expense tracking,
- Available in Windows, Mac, and Web.
Available for Mac, Windows & Web
- Premium starter: free for 3 seats
- Premium teams: $7/seat/month
- Enterprise: Contact vendor
Traqq's user interface is simple and straightforward. I particularly like the dashboards that detail the activities of individual employees. As a result of the visual breakdown, you are able to swiftly digest the information and identify potential issue areas.
In the current version of the reports, direct reports are not automatically displayed, however that could change in the future.
Source: Summarized & Modified version of reviews taken from G2 and Capterra.
TMetric pays attention to your profit, clients, and your team too. You can oversee your employees, sort the workloads and manage the payroll too. With complete employee monitoring tools, it allows you to track your profit and expenditure.
It has an intuitive user interface and provides API to incorporate with other project management tools.
- Timer, manual time entry, bulk time edits, timeline, tags, idle detection,
- Timesheet locking, offline mood, application and website tracking, reports,
- Billable rates, project and task management, screenshots, time off, payroll,
- Integrated with Jira, Redmine, GitLab, etc.
- Available in Linux, Android, Windows, Mac, iOS, Web.
Available in Linux, Android, Windows, Mac, iOS, Web.
- Free: for one user
- Professional: $5/user/month
- Business: $7/user/month
TMetric is a time tracking system that is extremely simple to use and completely enough if your primary focus is time tracking. There are several connectors with project management and other applications, which makes a variety of tasks much easier.
It's a little difficult to move between different tasks. It's tough to imagine how much time my coworkers spent on each project.
We have made a list of TMetric alternatives that might interest you.
If you have come to expect a wholly time tracking, budgeting, and invoicing at one spot, Everhour is right there for you. With a quick setup and seamless integrations, Everhour works for remote, small, and mid-level teams.
Considering the pricing, teams who need accurate reports, bills, and invoices in a short time, can add this app into their systems.
- Timecard, manual entry, clock-in, and clock-out, timer, time off,
- Reminders, estimation, expense tracking, billing, and payroll,
- Timesheet, Kanban board, milestone tracking, project, and task management,
- Integrated with Slack, Xero, Trello, etc.
- Available in iOS and Web
Available in iOS and Web
- It offers a flat price of $10 per user per month
In terms of team time management, Everhour is one of the best options out there. Asana and ClickUp are among the CRMs that are compatible with it. We currently use its sophisticated reporting engine to regularly create different reports, such as an analysis of staff time and client invoicing. Pre-user costs are modest, encouraging more people to give it a shot.
Inability to classify working hours by task. Lack of dark mode and themes. It lacks an Android time tracking app . No backlog generation features. It disconnects from ClickUp often, and synchronising with Google Calendar isn't excellent. Users must manually enter monthly retainer information.
We have made a list of Everhour alternatives that might interest you.
ClickTime is a time and expense management software. Employees, managers, and executives can use this platform easily. They don't need to worry about the timesheets. Because ClickTime will generate accurate time reports on how users spend their time.
- Activity tracking, mobile time tracking, time tracking by client, and project, offline time tracking
- Billable & non-billable hours, multiple billing rates, billing & invoicing, overtime calculation
- Expense tracking, project tracking, timesheet management
- Integrated with QuickBooks, Slack, Salesforce, ADP etc.
- Available in Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, Web.
Available in Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, Web.
- Sarter: $9/user/month
- Team: $12/user/month
- Premier: $24/user/month
Users can enter time and expenses from anywhere they are working using the ClickTime App or website (or vacationing). Automatic reminders if time entry deadlines are missed, as well as a smooth interaction with Quickbooks Pro for client billing and payroll processing.
It's very dry, and it looks like an Excel sheet. Having the ability to earn PTO and be able to put in the PTO before, so it can keep track of the time which customers don't use for future trips.
We have made a list of ClickTime alternatives that might interest you.
Timesheets.com is specially designed for the small business team. It is easy to use, affordable and straightforward. Time tracking and online timesheets are the significant features of this app. Also, you can use this for your expense tracking.
- Time clock, billable and non-billable hours tracking, flexible time entry,
- Time off, PTO, accrual management, real- time reporting , expense tracking,
- Reimbursement management, audit trials, punch card,
- Integrated with Quickbooks.
- Available in Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android, Web
Available in Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android, Web
- Freelancer: free
- Standard: $4.5/user/month
- Non-profit: $3.6/user/month
Timesheets is a user-friendly and cost-effective employee time tracking tool for companies looking to reduce payroll costs or enhance billing revenue. Timesheets is a great fit for small and mid-size teams. Easy-to-use application for keeping track of project time and budget.
Mobile app is not very user friendly. Enterprise-level licensing is a bit costlier. It is tough to view past timecards. For senior people, it needs time to understand this software. There is no app, and it does not connect to the payroll service directly. It's not easy to switch supervisory and approval positions. There is not enough customization on the exported reports.
If you need an ultimate productivity tool, you can consider DeskTime. It can increase your productivity up to 30%. It provides automatic time tracking working behind your computer. Without paying much concern on hours monitoring, focus on the other works.
- Automatic time tracking, offline time tracking, private time option,
- Document title tracking, Pomodoro timer, cost calculation,
- Screenshots, URL and app tracking, project tracking, absence calendar,
- Integrated with Basecamp, Jira, Asana, etc.
- Available in Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS and Web.
Available in Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS and Web
- Lite: free
- Pro: $7/user/month
- Premium: $9/user/month
- Enterprise: $14/user/month
Easy to use and have a simple interface. DeskTime is a great tool for increasing productivity and establishing accountability in the workplace. It leads to enhanced productivity and helps you stay focused and attentive to your work. It provides invoices by minute calculation for the companies.
There is no way to switch between tracking and private time quickly. Getting logged out now and then, even if the system is running, makes a great barrier in working time monitoring.
We have made a list of DeskTime alternatives that might interest you.
10. My Hours
My Hours is another free insightful alternative. It is very suitable for small teams and freelancers. You may use it for project-based time tracking, reporting, and expense tracking.
- Timesheet, billable and non-billable hours tracking, real-time tracker, manual time entry,
- Project profitability, labor rates setting, budget, reports, attendance and absence tracking,
- Integrated with Zapier, Xero, Asana, etc.
- Available in Android, iOS, Web.
Available in Android, iOS, Web
- Free: $0
- Pro: $7/user/month
Anyone who works by the hour can use My Hours, a low-cost, easy-to-use time-tracking solution. It is proved to be an invaluable resource for sharpening my estimation skills and boosting the profitability of the projects I took on. Since then, I've added a small staff to use it, and it's now my primary tool for tracking time and providing documentation for client bills.
Employees are not automatically reminded each day to fill up their timesheets. Only by starting and stopping a timer for each task can you enter weekly timesheet data into the mobile app.
Harvest provides a smart platform to achieve maximum output with less effort. You can use this app for effortless time tracking from your favorite device. It helps you stay on top of your productivity.
- Time tracking by project and client, offline time tracking, billable and non-billable hours,
- Visualize project progress, team capacity mapping, invoicing, online payments,
- Activity and expense tracking, timesheet management,
- Integrated with Asana, Basecamp, Trello, etc.
- Available in Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Web.
Available in Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Web
- Free: $0
- Pro: $12/user/month
Harvest makes it simple to keep track of your time. Start a timer from your desktop, phone, or browser to track time for different clients and projects. Ideal for freelancing work and contract base works. Overall, it's the most straightforward method for employee monitoring.
Difficulties in payment options as it doesn't support most payment options. The UI is a bit outdated and needs improvement. Harvest's major flaw is the high cost of what you acquire. It can not record the billing reports. There are so many options and ways to complete tasks that it feels like you're constantly contacting customer service for help.
We have made a list of Harvest alternatives that might interest you.
Wrike is designed specially to support the remote team. The main advantage of this app is to provide a single platform to support all projects and departments. It helps you to build a work community with transparency, better collaboration, and productivity.
Find the potential barriers and sort out them quickly. You can get complete control of the company’s information without concerning the security.
- Wrike is built for remote teams. This app's key benefit is that it supports all projects and departments. It promotes openness, cooperation, and productivity in the workplace.
- Find and remove possible obstacles fast. You may have full control of the company's data without compromising security.
- Tracking time zones, timesheets, vacations, and leave.
- Monitoring idle time, productivity, activity, Gantt chart, scheduling, reporting, task management.
- Integrated with Salesforce, Tableau, MediaValet, etc.
- Available on Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, and Web.
Available on Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, and Web
- Free: for five users.
- Professional: $9.80/user/month
- Business: $24.80/user/month
- Enterprise: Contact with the vendor
The potential of having everything in one place is huge. Another benefit is that the whole team can keep track of all of their organizational needs in one convenient location.
Because of the low quality of customer service, you should be very careful about making modifications to the level of service or SLAs mid-contract with no recourse.
13. QuickBooks Time
- Making accurate payroll and invoice reports requires a lot of work and patience. QuickBooks is an excellent tool for accurately calculating payroll and invoices and keeping track of employee hours worked.
- Increased employee engagement and interaction are also facilitated by aligning the team with the present initiatives. Small and big businesses, consultancies, and organizations alike may benefit from the software’s mobile app and time clock features.
- There are several tools to help you keep track of your time and projects with the help of our online time clock and time tracking software.
- Xero,Sage, etc., are all integrated.
- Apps for Android, iOS and the Web are available.
Apps for Android, iOS and the Web are available.
- Premium: $8 per user per month
- Elite: $10 per user per month
QuickBooks makes it simple to generate reports based on a specified date range, project, client, or employee. This is essential for our accounting and project management systems to function correctly.
Employees did not find it to be user-friendly. A lot of information was lost when management put up Quickbooks after TSheets without double-checking their work.
We have made a list of QuickBooks Time alternatives that might interest you.
14. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is productivity software that helps thousands of enterprises to manage their business while working from home. It can be a good suggestion for being an alternative to ActivTrak.
The main concern of Time Doctor is to maintain the employee focus and constant activity of work. It is suitable for small and mid-size business teams.
- Automatic time tracker, project time tracking, billable and non-billable hours,
- Organized dashboard, timesheet, payroll management, reports, alerts,
- Project management, budgeting, screenshots, activity level,
- Integrated with Asana, Slack, GitHub, etc.
- Available in Mac, iOS, Windows, Android, Web.
Available in Mac, iOS, Windows, Android, Web.
- Basic: $7 per user per month.
- Standard: $10 per user per month.
- Premium: $20 per user per month.
- Free for 14 days.
Time Doctor is an excellent tool for increasing efficiency, keeping track of elapsed time, and managing projects. When a user is still working on a job after they have left the office, the finest Leave-Tracking tools send an alert. Aside from the time monitoring and browsing history, it offers several other useful features, like break and idle time reminders.
Infuriatingly, there is a break time monitor. When you're deep in thought and staring at your screen, the Time Doctor will assume that you've taken a break because you haven't moved your mouse or touched your keyboard.
👉 See our comprehensive list of Time Doctor Alternatives in 2023.
Jibble is a free alternative to RescueTime that you may want to check out. Attendance, wages, and projects are all supported by Jibble in addition to time tracking. I like that it's straightforward, intuitive, and easy to use.
- Automatic time tracking, time clock, and automatic timesheet.
- GPS location tracking, Geofence time and attendance, and face recognition.
- Comprehensive reporting, analytics, expenditure monitoring, and payroll.
- Available for Windows, Android, iOS, and Mac, as well as the web.
- Free: forever
- Premium: $2 per user per month
- Ultimate: $4 per user per month
Clock In and Clock Out system established because of location tracking and facial recognition. Integration with Slack made it user friendly. It is easy for staff and admin as the dashboard layout is suitable for all users.
The report varies when upgrading the program. Because humans are not robots, there is no automated method to remind staff to take a break. No such functionality exists for ex-employee billing integration. It highlights errors in data integration with Slack that must be manually repaired from the website.
We have made a list of Jibble alternatives that might interest you.
What is insightful?
Employee monitoring software is setting off its necessity in businesses. One of the leading employee monitoring tools is insightful. Besides employee monitoring, it offers time tracking and productivity mapping. insightful provides precise insights on how you spend your time so you can identify and improve your deficiencies. A weekly report will be sent to managers detailing which websites and applications were utilized and for how long.
- Employee Monitoring
- Attendance time tracker
- Automated Time Mapping
- Time Tracking
- Multy-Certificate Security
Pricing of insightful
- Employee Monitoring: $8 per user per month
- Time Tracking: $10 per user per month
- Automatic Time Mapping: $15 per user per month
- Enterprise: Contact vendor
Why search for insightful alternatives?
From some reliable sources, we have acknowledged some issues of insightful. Also, from our experience, we've got some downsides of insightful.
Let's take a look at some of the bad experiences people have with insightful. These reviews are from Capterra.
- The time on the Clock-In is not instantly synchronized with the time on the system. Replication into the workstation time zone has a lag of around 24 hours.
- There are some omissions, but the advertised price is exactly what you'll get. Size 2 font indicates that there are no hidden costs.
insightful has some limitations. Also, some similar kinds of apps are available in the marketplace, providing some more functionalities. For your convenience, we’ve made a list of the top 15 insightful alternatives.
A quick look on alternatives of insightful
|Software||Key Features||Pricing||Best For|
|Apploye||• Time tracking, timesheet, scheduling|
• Project budget and task tracking
• Employee monitoring, payroll Invoicing, client management
|Solo: $4/user/month |
Elite: $7/user/month 50% discount on yearly plan
|Remote teams, Freelancers, Small and medium Businesses, Healthcare, Education and large enterprises.|
|Hubstaff||•Automatic timekeeping software with manual time entering|
• Tracking apps and URLs.
• Budget production
• Geofencing, salary, and project budget
• Reports and timesheets
|Free: $0 |
Desk Pro: $10/user/month.
Enterprise: Contact Support
|Freelancers, Remote teams, small and large businesses.|
|ActivTrak||• Productivity Reports|
• Team Summaries
• Application Track
• Real-time user activity
• Managing workload
|Small and mid-size teams, Freelancers|
|Traqq||• Time tracking|
• Detailed Statistics & Timesheet
• Edit Manually
|Premium Starter: For one person, 2 projects |
Premium Teams: $12/user/month.
|Start-up, small business and team|
|Tmetric||• Goal setting & Time tracking|
• Shared a single calendar
• Available in both desktop and mobile app.
| Free: $0|
|Small enterprises, Teams and Freelancers.|
|Everhour||• Timer, time off, timecard & manual entry|
• Budgeting & spending monitoring
• Timesheets, milestone tracking
|Cloud: $10/user/month |
Server: Contact sales.
|Professional B2B companies, Remote teams|
|Clicktime||• Automated and manual time track|
• TimeSheet and report generation
• Scheduling and invoicing
• Project Management
• Expenditure tracking
Enterprise: Contact support.
|Mid-range company, Large company.|
|Timesheets. com||• Time clock tracking|
• Billable and non-billable hours
• Flexible time input & accrual management.
• Reimbursement & time management
|Freelancers: $4/user/month |
|PStart-up, Health Care, Mid range teams|
|DeskTime||• Automatic time tracking|
• Document title tracking
• Cost Calculation
• Offline time tracking, Project tracking
• Third party integration
|Entrepreneurs, freelancers, and small and medium-sized businesses.|
|My Hours||• TimeSheet|
• Real-Time tracking
• Labour rates setting
• Budget & reports generation
• Manual time entry
|Project managers and freelancers.|
|Harvest||• Billable and non-billable hours|
• Time tracking by project
• Activity Management
• Integration with Basecamp, Trello etc
|Small and mid-size team|
|Wrike||• Three-pane view|
• Visualizing data with analytics
• Task tool to track task progress of individual
• Project management
Enterprise: Contact support
|Freelancers, small and large business|
|Quickbooks Time||• Time tracking and employee scheduling|
• Overtime Alerts
• Employee GPS track
• Crew Functionality
|Simple start: $8/user/month|
|Field Service Management, Property and Facility Management, Trade Services|
|Time Doctor||• Tracking Project Tasks|
• Document & resource management
• Project Scheduling
• Budget production.
• Time Tracking
|Remote teams, small and large businesses.|
|Jibble||• Report generation|
• Track time with respect to projects
• Client billing
• Budgeting and costing
|Companies with field employee, Startups and healthcare.|
Which one would you choose as the best insightful alternative?
All of the apps have some similar sets of features. The differences come in their pricing, some distinct features, user experience, and interface. You need to sort out your preferred ones from the list and get their free trial.
Hope to get feedback from you about the listed apps. Don’t forget to share your experience.